Sunday, October 14, 2012

Brad Pitt "Drug Days"

Brad Pitt recalls his druggie days at screening, Brad Pitt wears many hats: dad, fiance, actor, producer, philanthropist ... former drug user? During a Friday night screening of "The House I Live In," a documentary about the war on drugs, which he produced, Pitt got candid about his use of and access to drugs back in the day.

Here are some highlights from the screening in L.A.:

On his own drug use: "My drug days are long since passed but it's certainly true that I could probably land in any city in any state and get you whatever you wanted. I could find anything you were looking for. Give me 24 hours or so.

And yet we still support this charade called the drug war. We have spent a trillion dollars. It's lasted for over 40 years. A lot of people have lost their lives for it. And yet we still talk about it like it's this success."

Why he thinks the "war on drugs" has failed: "The drug war is actually being used to hold a portion of our society down. It's staggering to me what is being perpetrated in this name of a war on ... immorality. It's criminal in itself. And we've got to look at that. We have to change that."

How to end the drug war: "The only way to end the war on drugs is to take the profit out of it. I know this comes with a whole other host of problems and I don't know if I'm actually presenting it as a reality, but we have to look at the what-if-everything-was-legal and people were allowed to make their own choices.

And we were treating it less as a criminal issue and more as a sickness. People do drugs to escape. We're not talking about experimentation. People with long-term drug use are escaping."

Brad Pitt "Drug Days" Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: My Videos Tube

0 comments:

Post a Comment