Sunday, June 9, 2013

Teen IQ Higher Than Einstein’s

Teen IQ Higher Than Einstein’s, Meet Neha Ramu, the 13-year-old who reached the highest possible score on the Mensa IQ test -- even higher than Einstein's. In fact, she's in the top one percent of intelligence ratings among people in the UK, according to Asian News International.

But don't be too quick to hold her up to other famous geniuses. She'll be the first to tell you that she doesn't think it's a fair comparison.

The Huffington Post covered her amazing story in March, and this week the BBC released an awesome interview with the teen.

"Stephen Hawking and Albert Eistenstein, they've achieved so much that I couldn't even dream of achieving, so it's not right to compare me to them just cause of my IQ," Neha told the BBC. "If I don't put in my effort and make use of my IQ there is no point in having it."

Neha might be modest about her IQ score of 162 (the average adult's score is 100) but she isn't shy about her goals. The 13-year-old wants to study neurology at Harvard University, which doesn't seem all that impossible considering she already scored 740 out of 800 on a section of the SAT, according to The Telegraph.

"I don't think I'm ever going to stop learning," she said. "I'll always be curious and I'll always be thinking 'I wonder how that works."

While it's certainly uncommon to have a higher IQ than celebrated figures like Einstein and Hawkings, Neha Ramu isn't the only teen to achieve this feat. Lauren Marbe, a 16-year-old from the UK, scored a 161 on the same IQ test in February.

“My teachers knew I was quite clever because of my grades but they had always thought I was blonde and a bit ditzy," Lauren told The Telegraph. "Now they keep saying ’I didn’t realize you were that clever.'"

Fourteen-year-old Jacob Barnett is another high-achiever who is a PhD student in quantum physics at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis. The teen has an IQ of 170 and was even predicted to win the Nobel Prize someday.

"I'm not supposed to be here at all," he said in a TEDx Teen speech. "You know, I was told that I wouldn't talk. There's probably a therapist watching who is freaking out right now."

Teen IQ Higher Than Einstein’s Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: My Videos Tube

0 comments:

Post a Comment