Monday, July 15, 2013

Matthew fox played college football

Matthew fox played college football, "Lost" star Matthew Fox is barely recognizable in the new action flick "Alex Cross" after losing a shocking 44 pounds for the role of a serial killer.

The 6-foot-2 Fox, who's most famous for playing the hunky Jack Shephard on the hit ABC series "Lost," went on a strict diet and workout regimen to develop an unbelievably lean, vascular physique for his latest film role.

"I didn’t want to lose weight unhealthily, but I didn’t know how to do it any other way," Matthew told the December 2012 issue of Men's Health.

"I read somewhere that when Christian Bale was preparing for 'The Machinist' he ate nothing but an apple a day for months. Just one apple. That can’t be good for you."

Instead of subsisting on nothing but apples, Fox followed a strict diet of mostly chicken breast, steamed broccoli and protein shakes.

For exercise, he did intense 90-minute circuit-training workouts every day for five months, moving nonstop from exercise to exercise during each session.

Matthew, who played college football at Columbia University, where he graduated with a degree in economics, hated the training but loved the eye-popping results it produced.

"I did enjoy the results, and it made the whole thing worthwhile," he says. "It’s an empowering thing to realize just how much control we have over our bodies.

"Sometimes I f*cking hated it. I guess if you removed the ‘result’ part of it then I can’t say I enjoyed it," adds Fox, who was shocked when he saw his dramatic transformation after movie stills went viral on the Internet.

"I never watch my films while we’re making them, so when the images came out on the Internet, I was like ‘holy s**t’. I could hardly even believe it was me," he recalls. "But it was exactly what I wanted to look like [for the role].

"When I read the part, it felt immediately that my character [serial killer Picasso] is burning energy on almost a hyper level. Without needing to spend any time in the gym he would just look like that: Almost disturbingly vascular and tendon-y, and just weird. That would come from an enormous amount of energy burning inside this guy."

Fox, who has never had a weight problem, has only regained 15 pounds of the 44 he lost, and is fine with where he is now physically.

Matthew fox played college football Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: My Videos Tube

0 comments:

Post a Comment