Thursday, June 6, 2013

Kevin Ware return

Kevin Ware return,  Of all the athletes and coaches appearing at the University of Louisville's Cardinal Caravan stop at Captain's Quarters Tuesday, the sight of men's basketball player Kevin Ware walking without crutches may have been what surprised those in attendance the most.

And get this:

The 6-foot-2 junior guard who suffered an open wound when he broke his right tibia in the NCAA Tournament Elite Eight win over Duke not only said he'll be back playing this season, he anticipates being ready in time for the Cardinals' season opener.

"It's healed a lot quicker than it's supposed to, so that's real good," Ware said. "I'm just ready for October. They're telling me October is when I'll be 100 percent so that's what I'm ready for... as long as they're telling me I can be on the court, I'll be on the court."

Ware is walking with a slight limp, but said he doesn't feel any pain. He added that he stopped taking the prescribed painkillers since the Final Four and the only time he's even sore is after a workout.

He's been doing a lot of work in the pool as part of his rehabilitation, but Ware has also been back on the court.

"A little movement, set shots, one dribble trying to shoot mid-range shots," Ware said. "Not a lot of jumping -- they don't want me putting too much pressure on it yet — but in time I think I'll be pretty fine."

Ware said not seeing a replay of his injury and the seriousness of it has kept his mind from thinking about it when he's on the court. But that's not to say people haven't tried to make him watch it. He's been sent images of his broken leg and links to replays on Twitter and Instagram.

"People that send me video, those guys, the idiots, it's annoying," Ware said. "I'll say that so hopefully they get the message and stop trying to be negative about it and make jokes about it."

Ware is more focused on the positive feedback he's gotten from people. He said he's just about gone through all the mail that was sent his way and he's tried to reach out to answer many of them.

"A guy wrote me from in jail and wanted me to reach out to his brother," Ware said. "People like that I don't have a problem at all, just trying to do something for them when they're trying to do something for me. So many people just really show so much support, that has to humble you."

Kevin Ware return Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: My Videos Tube

0 comments:

Post a Comment