Thursday, May 23, 2013

Gosling film booed

Gosling film booed, Ryan Gosling's new movie Only God Forgives was apparently met with some boos in the audience when it was screened at the Cannes Film Festival yesterday. Awkward.

The super-violent film, directed by Nicolas Winding Refn, features violent torture scenes in which a man is attacked with razor-sharp steel chopsticks and another in which another man has his arm severed by a sword.

Gosling is seen at one point dragging a man down a hallway by his jaw, and in another he puts his hand into the brutally murdered body of a woman.

During the particularly bloody scenes, Mail Online and Vulture both report boos being heard loudly in the audience - but add that the reception by the time the end credits rolled was mixed.

Gosling was not in attendance at the screening because he's in Detroit, Michigan, filming his directorial debut.

He sent a letter in his absence, which read: "Can't believe I'm not in Cannes. I was hoping to come but I'm on week three shooting my film in Detroit.

"Miss you all. Nicolas, my friend, we really are the same persons in different dimensions. I'm sending you good vibrations."

Refn said of his leading man's lack of attendance: "I would never even do it if I was in his situation. One thing is being an actor. When you're directing, it's another arena."

Despite the mixed reception the film received, Kristin Scott Thomas has been picking up strong reviews as his mother, who pressures him into avenging his brother's murder.

Gosling film booed Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: My Videos Tube

0 comments:

Post a Comment