Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Interviewing the Indies: Tara Elizabeth

Interviewing the Indies: Tara Elizabeth, May has been officially declared as the "Interviewing the Indies" month. As such, all month there will be posts containing interviews with indie authors. Today's guest is Tara Elizabeth, author of Zoo and Exalted.

What do you have published?

I have written two YA novels: Zoo (The Enclosure Chronicles: Volume 1) and Exalted (Book 1). I write Young Adult Fiction; mostly Dystopian/Sci-Fi novels with a splash of romance and a hint of sarcasm.

What are you currently working on?

I am currently writing a follow-up to Exalted called Denounced. Volume 2 of The Enclosure Chronicles is also in the works.

How do you stay motivated?

The number one thing that motivates me to write more is fans/people who enjoy my work. I love when someone asks me if there will be more books. Music helps me a lot too. It gets me in the mood to write and can help set the tone for a certain scene. I've also recently joined a writers' group that helps you set goals and stick to them.

What has been the most challenging aspect of being an indie author?

Marketing. We don't have never-ending advertising budgets like traditional publishing houses. It's frustrating that the process of getting your books seen takes longer, especially when you believe in your work so much.

As a writer, what is the one thing you cannot live without? Why?

Only one thing? I guess that would be my kids' naps. It's pretty much the only time I have to write... And coffee and Red Vines.

You can purchase any of the Indie YA Books from amazon. Stay tuned for more Interviewing the Indies, happening all May long!

Interviewing the Indies: Tara Elizabeth Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: My Videos Tube

0 comments:

Post a Comment