Saturday, June 1, 2013

5-year-old reads 875 books

5-year-old reads 875 books, Moss, a 5-year-old Louisiana kindergarten student, started off checking out five books a week from the T.S. Cooley Elementary in Lake Charles, LA library. Nowadays, she's up to at least 20 books a week.

A lot of the days I read books. It's just a couple days I don't read," Moss told local NBC News affiliate KPLC. "I just like reading!"

In fact, the 5-year-old read so many books that her librarian plans to order even more for the child to consume.

"I told Sophia, I said we're going to have to order more books for T.S. Cooley Library because she's read so many of them and enjoys so many of them," school librarian Mary Lanier said. "This is very unusual for a kindergartner, especially to read this many books in a year's time. Very unusual."

However, Moss' father, Carl who helped teach her how to check out books, said he's proud of his daughter's literature appetite. "Every day when I brought her to school in the morning, I'd go get her like two or three books, and the librarian suggested, 'Why don't you get five?' and then she said, 'Why don't you get 10?'" he told Good Morning America.

"She'd be reading instead of sleeping," he told KPLC. "She loves to read and she does it all the time."

Carl Moss, 53, said it all began with Elmo for Sophia, but nowadays, the Curious George series is her favorite.

5-year-old reads 875 books Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: My Videos Tube

0 comments:

Post a Comment