Mindy Kaling Dartmouth College
2. About Dartmouth Dartmouth College is a private Ivy League school that is located in Hanover, New Hampshire. It is a research university. It’s main schools are the Tuck School of Business, the Geisel School of Medicine, the Thayer School of Engineering, their liberal arts college, and 19 graduate programs in art and science. Dartmouth is the smallest ivy league school in the United States. Their undergraduate enrollment is just over 4,000 per year.
3. Mission Mission: Dartmouth College educates the most promising students and prepares them for a lifetime of learning and of responsible leadership, through a faculty dedicated to teaching and the creation of knowledge.1
4. Core Values Dartmouth expects academic excellence and encourages independence of thought within a culture of collaboration. Dartmouth faculty are passionate about teaching our students and are at the forefront of their scholarly or creative work. Dartmouth embraces diversity with the knowledge that it significantly enhances the quality of a Dartmouth education. Dartmouth recruits and admits outstanding students from all backgrounds, regardless of their financial means. Dartmouth fosters lasting bonds among faculty, staff, and students, which encourage a culture of integrity, self-reliance, and collegiality and instill a sense of responsibility for each other and for the broader world. Dartmouth supports the vigorous and open debate of ideas within a community marked by mutual respect.1
5. Mindy Kaling Mindy Kaling is most known for her role as Kelly Kapoor on The Office. During her time on the show, she was a writer and producer. Most people don’t know that she was never originally going to be a main character on the show. She was used as an extra at the last minute, and they decided to keep using her. Recently she created, produces, writes, and stars in The Mindy Project alongside Chris Messina and Anna Camp. Mindy graduated from Dartmouth College in 2001. She was part of an improvisational comedy group called "The Dog Day Players", and a contributing writer for to their humor magazine, The Dartmouth Hack-O-Lantern.
6. Mr. Rogers (Fred Rogers) Fred Rogers, or Mr. Rogers, grew up in Latrobe, Pennsylvania. Before staring in the popular show, Mr. Rogers Neighborhood, he was a puppeteer and ordained minister. He wrote many of the songs for the show, including the most the theme song, "Its a Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood". Rogers studied at Dartmouth College from 1946-1948, but ended up transferring to Rollins College, where he got his B.A. in Music Composition.
7. Tom Uger Tom Uger works at KKR as the co- head of KKR’s Media and Communications industry team in North America. Tom is well-known in New York for his philanthropy. He has worked with the Dutchess Land Conservancy to help safe over 125 acres of land in Stanford. He also works with KKR Wellness Works to help promote workplace wellness. Tom currently holds a B.A. from Dartmouth College.
8. Norman Maclean Norman Maclean was born in Clarinda, Iowa. He is most known for his book, A River Runs Through It. He has written many other books, and bases a lot of them off of his experiences during World War I working at a logging camp and other places as well. Maclean attended Dartmouth College, and worked at the Dartmouth Jack-O-Lantern, like Mindy Kaling. as the editor-in-chief. The editor-in-chief after him was Theodor Geisel, or as we all known him, Dr. Seuss. He received his B.A. in 1924.
9. Rachel Dratch Rachel Dratch is most known for her roles on Saturday Night Live and her small parts in 30 Rock. Dratch was born in Lexington, Massachusetts. She attended Dartmouth College and graduated with a double major in psychology and drama. She was a a member of the improvisational comedy group "Said and Done." After college, Dratch was a member of the mainstage cast of the Second City comedy troupe, where she worked along side Tina Fey and Scott Adsit.