Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Aaron Hernandez Patriots jerseys selling for big bucks online amid murder case

Aaron Hernandez Patriots jerseys selling for big bucks online amid murder case, Aaron Hernandez has been cut by the Patriots, arrested, and charged with the murder of Odin Lloyd. And apparently that's good for business on eBay.

According to a Boston Globe story, Hernandez jerseys are suddenly hot properties. The NFL is no longer selling the jerseys, and the Pats themselves are offering replacement jerseys for anyone with a Hernandez jersey who no longer wants to be seen with his name and number emblazoned across their back.

And somehow, that all makes the jersey of the troubled tight end a rare and valuable collectors' item.

Pats fan John Lamothe told the Globe he got $289 for a Hernandez jersey he sold on eBay last week. And that's about $260 more than he expected.

"I thought about giving it to Goodwill but I didn't think anybody would want it," he said. "I thought I might get $15 for it."

Lynn L'Heureux, meanwhile, bought a Hernandez jersey for $100, and has seen bidding head over $130. Meanwhile, a pair of autographed Hernandez jerseys have seen bidding skyrocket over $200 each on eBay.

"I can't think of any reason why people would want it," L'Heureux said. "They might think it will go up in value later on, and maybe it will, but I'm not interested. I just don't want it in my possession. I want to use the money to buy a jersey that reflects my pride in the Patriots."

The sudden popularity of Hernandez, even as his story sours, has shocked Pats fans even as they take advantage of the seller's market. Jeff Brown, of Wakefield, Mass., told the Globe that he's selling a signed jersey he bought with his 9-year-old son at a charity auction last year.

But he can't explain why the items are so popular.

"I would actually pay money," he said, "to know the story of who is buying it and why."

Aaron Hernandez Patriots jerseys selling for big bucks online amid murder case Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: My Videos Tube

0 comments:

Post a Comment