Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Ruben Studdard will compete on "The Biggest Loser"

Ruben Studdard will compete on "The Biggest Loser", Ruben Studdard is no stranger to competition. He took the "American Idol" crown during season 2 in 2003.

And now he's set take part in very different kind of competition: a weight-loss one. The 34-year-old singer will take part in the upcoming season of "The Biggest Loser" on NBC, reports People.

Studdard has struggled with his weight through the years, eventually shedding some pounds during his marriage to Surata Zuri McCants. After their split in 2012, Studdard gained much of the weight back.

Back in 2006, Studdard opened up about his weight during a visit to the "Today" show, saying, "On both sides of my family, I have a history of diabetes and high blood pressure and things of that nature. I just wanted to basically combat those issues at an early age. They've never been an issue for me, but I wanted to do it while I was still young and felt like working out and looking great."

The last season of "The Biggest Loser" saw the return of trainer Jillian Michaels. Season 15 of "The Biggest Loser" premieres on Oct. 8.

Studdard, meanwhile, most recently released an album last year called "Letters from Birmingham."

Ruben Studdard will compete on "The Biggest Loser" Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: My Videos Tube

0 comments:

Post a Comment