Monday, October 15, 2012

Courtney Love Sells Nirvana Back Catalogue To Larry Mestel

Courtney Love Sells Nirvana Back Catalogue To Larry Mestel, Troubled rocker Courtney Love has sold a 25 percent share of the Nirvana back catalogue to music mogul Larry Mestel for an undisclosed sum. Mestel, of Primary Wave Music Publishing, is now working as a “strategic partner” with Love, the widow of late Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain.

The former Hole frontwoman currently receives a substantial amount in royalty payments from airplay and sales of Nirvana songs – including smash hits “Smells Like Teen Spirit” and “Come As You Are” – after acquiring the rights following Cobain’s suicide in 1994. But she has been finding it increasingly hard to manage the business alone.

She explains, “I took on a strategic partner, Larry Mestel, to help me co-manage the estate because it was overwhelming. The affairs of Nirvana are so massive and so huge, and they’ve all fallen on my lap. I own almost all of (the publishing) and it proved to be too much for me. I needed a partner to take Kurt Cobain’s songs and bring them into the future and into the next generation. And this guy’s the guy to do it.”

Courtney Love Sells Nirvana Back Catalogue To Larry Mestel Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: My Videos Tube

0 comments:

Post a Comment