Monday, May 27, 2013

Interviewing the Indies: LJ Cohen

Interviewing the Indies: LJ Cohen, May has been officially declared as the "Interviewing the Indies" month. As such, all month there will be posts containing interviews with indie authors. Today's guest is LJ Cohen, author of The Between.

What do you have published?

The Between is a YA Fantasy novel about Lydia Hawthorne, a teen who must pick her way through the dangerous and alien politics of warring Fae courts when she is snatched into Faerie against her will. Oberon and Titania end up with far more than they bargained for when Lydia clings to her stubborn humanity.

What are you currently working on?

I am currently editing and revising DERELICT, a science fiction novel where a group of four teens inadvertently wake up a derelict space ship whose severely damaged AI believes they are a threat.

How do you stay motivated?

Once I start a story, it's like being sucked into a black hole. The story and its characters take up residence in my head and the only way to reclaim that space is to finish the tale.

I write every day and work hard not to end on the end of a scene or a chapter, so I never have to face the terror of a blank page. Having work to complete keeps me motivated.

What has been the most challenging aspect of being an indie author?

I don't think it's unique to being an indie author, but probably common to all writers who aren't the dozen or so superstars: the problem of obscurity and how to be discovered by readers.

As a writer, what is the one thing you cannot live without? Why?

The support of the people in my life.

While I do love my coffee and tea, I could probably write without caffeine. I am happy with cheap spiral one subject notebooks and whatever pens are lying around in the house. I can type or hand write, but the one thing I couldn't do without is the support of my family and my writing community.

They motivate me to pursue my stories and to hone my craft. They support me and believe in me, so it makes it easier for me to believe in myself.

You can purchase any of the Indie YA Books from amazon. Stay tuned for more Interviewing the Indies, happening all May long!

Interviewing the Indies: LJ Cohen Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: My Videos Tube

0 comments:

Post a Comment