Thursday, May 16, 2013

Nine Inch Nails bassist

Nine Inch Nails bassist, Nine Inch Nails bass player Eric Avery has quit the band.

The musician – who was a founding member of Jane's Addiction – made his decision public via a post on Facebook, explaining that he was 'overwhelmed' after recently touring with Garbage and didn't feel like he could commit to another year and a half on the road "with all the intensity that Nails demands". He wrote:

It's with very mixed emotions I tell you all that I'm pulling out of NIN. I know. Its been a tough call and I don't know if it's the right one. But I really want to focus on my musical life here in LA, on film work in particular. As the tour dates kept growing… I just got overwhelmed. I just got home from a year of heavy travel with Garbage, the idea of leaving town for another year and a half, and with all the intensity that Nails demands… fortunately my friend Trent understands all this and appreciated my pulling the plug now instead of deep into 2013 and 14. Go get 'em gentlemen.

The band are set to play Reading and Leeds Festivals this August, as well as Lollapalooza in Chicago and Jay-Z's Made In America Festival in Philadelphia this summer, with more tour dates to be announced.

Trent Reznor recently revealed that Nine Inch Nails are working on two new songs, which they could play live when they perform at Reading and Leeds Festivals. Speaking to NME about the possibility of fans hearing new material during their festival sets, Reznor said: "There isn't any new material to play except from a couple of tracks Adrian (Belew, King Crimson guitarist and new member of Nine Inch Nails) and I started experimenting on that were intended to go on a greatest hits record. We decided to push that back to 2014, and there's no new record scheduled at this point."

Reznor also spoke about the make-up of Nine Inch Nails live shows and what fans should expect. "The intention is to reconstruct songs based on this new instrumentation and only play songs we as a band feel good about. With Nine Inch Nails last time, I felt that I'd explored that kind of bludgeoning rock thing in a lot of different ways, like I'd done everything I could do with that format."

Nine Inch Nails bassist Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: My Videos Tube

0 comments:

Post a Comment