Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Proposal on Ellen "I can't, I can't!"

Proposal on Ellen "I can't, I can't!", Did viewers witness a marriage proposal that went horribly wrong on The Ellen DeGeneres Show or was it all staged?

It all started when Ellen told audience members she had a letter she wanted to read.

"Dear Ellen, there is only one thing I love more than your show and that is my beautiful girlfriend," she read. The letter was written by a man named Jacob who wrote of his plans to bring his girlfriend to the show and propose to her on TV.

"I would love to surprise her on your show by asking her to spend the rest of her life with me," Ellen read, before bringing Jacob out on stage.

The cameras panned to a woman, presumably his girlfriend, sitting in the audience, with her hands on her mouth and a shocked look on her face.

"Are you nervous?" Ellen asked Jacob.

"Extremely!" he said, before walking over to his girlfriend sitting in the audience.

"I have been waiting for this moment my whole life," he said, getting down on one knee and holding an engagement ring up to her. "I love you to death. I want you to marry me."

"I can't. I can't. I'm sorry!" she said, nodding her head.

Before he could respond, music started playing and the show immediately cut to Ellen's 12 Days of Giveaways, leaving many fans wondering what really happened.

Gotcha! It appears the proposal was all a hoax and a clever ploy for Ellen to introduce her giveaway segment, as confirmed on her YouTube page:

"Ellen had a surprise for a member of her audience with a proposal. It didn't seem to be going too well, but thankfully, it was the 12 Days of Giveaways! Watch our audience's reactions to all of the amazing prizes."

Proposal on Ellen "I can't, I can't!" Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: My Videos Tube

0 comments:

Post a Comment