Monday, May 20, 2013

David beckham

David beckham, DAVID BECKHAM admits he faces the toughest summer of his life as he comes to terms with retirement.

The former England star, who played his last game in Paris Saint-Germain’s 3-1 win over Brest on Saturday, will enjoy a chance to rest after more than two decades of playing professional football.

But Beckham, 38, says he will then look to fill the void by throwing himself into other projects, which will include taking up the option of buying a US Major League Soccer franchise.

He said: “I don’t think the next two months will be difficult as I will be able to rest. But after that it will be difficult. I have things that will keep me busy, though. That is the important thing.

“Getting involved with an MLS franchise is an interesting option. I will miss football but the time is right to retire.

“I feel that I’ve achieved everything that I could in my career. I wanted to go out a champion. I’ve finished my career in a team that has treated me like I’ve been here 10 years.”

Beckham, who captained the Ligue 1 champs on an emotional night, got a standing ovation at the Parc des Princes when he was substituted on 81 minutes.

He added: “It was a special night to celebrate with the fans. To end my career like that was special. We have one more game next week but we’ll see. I had 25 friends and family there. Everyone who has been here throughout my career. It was special.”

PSG boss Carlo Ancelotti, 53, said: “We respect David’s decision. It is an emotional moment but tomorrow is another day. David will have possibilities to continue in football. He has the experience. I told David before the game I scored two goals in my last game for Milan.

“I told him to score two goals — but he did not have my quality! I was playing against Verona in 1992. I played only 20 minutes, as well.”

PSG defender Christophe Jallet led the players’ tributes to Beckham. He said: “Both the man and the player are extraordinary. It was magnificent to know David. He’s an example for all young players.”

Beckham’s final career assist was a corner that Blaise Matuidi volleyed home. Matuidi added: “He’s a great man, a great gentleman. They were great times for me to play alongside him.

“I will never forget that his last ever assist was for me. So, thanks David.” Becks’ old Manchester United team-mate Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, however, feels he should not go into coaching.
The Molde boss said: “I don’t know if Becks is cut out for coaching, I see him on the other side of it.”

David beckham Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: My Videos Tube

0 comments:

Post a Comment