Saturday, July 6, 2013

Rob parker apologizes robert griffin iii

Rob parker apologizes robert griffin iii, Still on suspension by ESPN, Rob Parker has offered a public apology for the race-based rant he went on last week against Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III.

On First Take, the reporter referred to Griffin as a "cornball brother" and said he's a pretend African-American, partly because the rookie is married to a white woman.

"I blew it and I'm sincerely sorry," Parker Tweeted today. "I completely understand how the issue of race in sports is a sensitive one and needs to be handled with great care."

Parker continued:

"This past Thursday I failed to do that. I believe the intended topic is a worthy one. Robert's thoughts about being an African-American quarterback and the impact of his phenomenal success have been discussed in other media outlets, as well as among sports fans, particularly those in the African-American community.

"The failure was in how I chose to discuss it on First Take, and in doing so, turned a productive conversation into a negative one."

Parker said he's contacting the player's agent in hopes to talk to Griffin and "will take the time to consider how I can continue to tackle difficult, important topics in a much more thoughtful manner."

Rob parker apologizes robert griffin iii Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: My Videos Tube

0 comments:

Post a Comment