Wednesday, July 10, 2013

What olympic medals did bruce jenner win

What olympic medals did bruce jenner win, In 1976 Bruce Jenner earned the title of the “World’s Greatest Athlete” when he competed and won a gold medal in the Olympic decathlon. At the 2012 London Olympics Bruce is serving as a correspondent for E! News, and he visited Ryan at the Subway Studios during “On Air With Ryan Seacrest,” to talk about his legacy and what he thinks about this year’s champions.

On Michael Phelps:
“It kind of ticks me off a little bit. I had to go in 10 events to get one lousy medal and he gets a medal in every event. It just doesn’t seem fair, cause honestly I have people all the time come up to me, ‘Now how many medals did you win?’ And I go, ‘Uh, well, just one. But it’s a good one, I had to do a lot to get it.’ But no, I’m extraordinarily proud of him. He’s again a great representative of our country and he has worked so hard.”

“You know in the old days, back when I was going, the 70s, Mark Spitz, all these guys, they were in the sport and then they were out of the sport, they were gone. They all retired before they were like 20-years-old or 21-years-old. Well today, there’s money in the sport and the guys are staying on longer and I think it’s really interesting to see the longevity that these athletes have had in swimming. Cause in the old days they thought if you were 21-years-old you were over-the-hill. But nowadays they stay in it so much longer.”

Swimming Champ Matt Grevers Talks Setting a New Olympic Record

“Dara Torres, she was trying to make it on the team and just missed, but there’s a lot of longevity there and Michael Phelps has done a phenomenal job throughout the years. Obviously he’s getting a little older, I mean his big Olympics were last time where he was absolutely right at his physical prime. He’s still today extraordinarily good. He’s not quite where he was, but it’s great to see him stay out there because me as a fan, I like to see these guys. And I think it’s great for the sport that they do stay in it longer.”

On The ‘Fab Five’ Gymnastics Team:
“I think they did an absolutely fabulous job. What great representatives of the youth of our country are these young women? They’re classy. They worked extraordinarily hard.  They’re fabulously gifted. They’re just great representatives of young women in our country and to me, it gives me a lot of pride to see our girls out there. And you know, they’re emotional. This one girl, I forget which one her name was, but every time she did something she was so emotional she started crying, she was so into it. To go out there in that arena with so much pressure on you and be able to come through like that, it just shows you what hard work and dedication [can do].”

Meet the Teens of the U.S. Women’s Gymnastics Team [PHOTOS]

Comparing The Olympic Games To Fatherhood:
“Honestly, the decathlon, 10 events, track and field, it is a true test throughout history of a person’s ability to run, jump and throw. you throw three different implements, you run four different ways and you jump three different ways, so it is a standardized test. If I were to compare the Olympic decathlon to fatherhood, I would say fatherhood is a lot tougher. A lot harder. I’ve got so many more things to deal with in my personal life. In those days it was all centered focused, I’m going, and I didn’t have to bring anybody along. I have learned so much throughout the years about life, about family, about parenting, about being a dad, about being a step-dad. They’re different, you know?”

On His Legacy:
Actually, the show has been a lot of fun. I’ve had a lot of fun with it. It’s the baby boomer generation, which is basically me, they grew up with me, they saw the games, they saw the Wheaties commercials, the commercials, the stuff I’ve done over the years, you know? And we’ve kind of grew up together so they know you. What the show is is a totally different dynamic. It’s younger women, our primary audience is 18-42 or something like that. Little did you know, when that first meeting you and Kris had, that what was gonna be coming out of this thing. But in television you give things a shot and this one worked.”

Whispers & A Budding Bromance — Lochte and Phelps Before They Were Rivals

“And I’m really proud of the show. I’m really proud of my kids. They have been able to handle this. You know there’s a lot in the media. But I’ve been so proud of my kids on how they’ve been to handle all of this. You know we have had, out of 10 children, no drug problems, no drinking problems, no major problems. I firmly believe in parenting, the most important thing you can do is lead by example. Although kids don’t, at the time you talk to them, they get this attitude and this and that, but you plant a seed in their head and that comes out later on. You know at the time you think you kind of missed it here, but later on you see these things happen.”

Bruce shares more on Scott, Khloe, Lamar and the whole family in his interview with Ryan and Ellen K. below and you can check out more of his Olympics knowledge on E! News at 7:00 and 11:30 p.m.


What olympic medals did bruce jenner win Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: My Videos Tube

0 comments:

Post a Comment