Monday, May 13, 2013

Jordin Sparks on "American Idol"

Jordin Sparks on "American Idol", With a new hairdo, slim figure and the love of her life by her side, things couldn't get any better.

But Sparks went through some trials and tribulations before reaching this point in her life. In December of this year it will be three years since I got really sick," she told the Daily News at the Crystal Light Liquid hosted Words With Friends event May 8 in New York City. "It was then that I made the decision 'I'm supposed to be in the prime of my life. This changes right now.' And I really started making my health a priority."

The 23-year-old singer was referring to her bout with appendicitis in 2009 that landed her in the hospital to undergo surgery. Now, she's dropped 50 pounds and is feeling better than ever.

"For me to be on stage singing and dancing, the stamina that I have now is better," she explained. "I don't get sick as much anymore. I feel better, I have more energy, I sleep better, everything is better."

That "everything" includes her boyfriend R&B singer Jason Derulo, 23, who bounced back from a serious neck injury with Sparks by his side. He nearly paralyzed himself while performing a stunt for his Future History World Tour last year - not only did he make a full recovery but his resilience offered great inspiration for Sparks.

"It's incredible because he was pretty fit before he broke his neck but literally as soon as the doctor said he could be in the gym, which was maybe like a month after, he was there," she said proudly. "He couldn't run but he could lift really light weights, and he was there on a stationary bike with 5-pound weights. So I was like, 'Well if you're going to do this with a broken neck, I gotta get my butt in there too.' So we were doing it together."

With support for one another the couple were able to endure, and Sparks attributes that to their ability to stay fit both physically and mentally.


Jordin Sparks on "American Idol" Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: My Videos Tube

0 comments:

Post a Comment